Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cottonwood leaves

Finally I felt ready for weaving.
CottonCloud's Cottonwood leaf towel kit was waiting for too long.
As I am not fond of measuring warp and dressing the loom, it takes a lot of time for me to made up my mind. It seams I "overwaited". As a result I made three major mistakes that took two weeks to correct.
First of all I measured wrong number of 10 brown threads (6 instead of 16). However, I noticed this only after the loom was fully dressed. Initially I thought I miscalculated natural ones and this would only make my towels a bit narrower. No big deal.
Wrong! Big deal!



As I could not leave the warp as is, I decided to do everything properly and measured 10 more browns and was planning to add them to the left part of the warp, it's not that I need to re-dress everything.
Wrong again!
Somehow the threading did not work, it was supposed to end on Shaft 3 but it did not.
I recalculated all ends and realized that I had 2 extra ends in the middle, 307 instead of 305. Not a problem, just take them out. But still no match.
I checked every thread and every heddle twice, everything seemed to be correct, but still no match.
Two days later it finally came to me that I misread the threading chart. It had one thread at the end of the middle section for balance and I viewed it as part of the pattern and repeated it three extra times.

Happy end.
I am proud of myself for not giving up and finally having everything in order.



Monday, March 13, 2017

Winter

For me the winter is over. Finished Seasons in Chalk - Winter (Just Cross Stitch magazine February 2016).
Start No 2 Finish No 8 in 2017.
2 January - 10 March 2017
Fabric - Slate by Hand Dyed by Stephany
The favorite part is the snowmen; he is sooo happy.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

February finishes

Two more finishes this month.
Joyful World calendar (March) by The Snowflower Diaries. 17-26 February 2017. 

Ink Circles' Turtles All the Way Down. Stitched with DMC Color Variations 17 Jan-28 Feb 2017.

Big turtle shells from top to bottom:
DMC 48, 4040, 4190, Anchor 1344, DMC 4180, 4220, 4100, 4060, 4170, 4020, 4050, 4120, 4240, and other DMCs as charted.



Monday, February 27, 2017

Monkey socks

My very unfortunate Monkey socks are finally finished. Why unfortunate?
First I broke my bamboo needle, second I found out that the sock was too tight and I had to "unknit" it. Took a bigger size bamboo needles. On the second sock one of them disappeared somewhere in the belly of our car, as my husband said, in order to retrieve it, we need to disassemble part of the front console, meaning - no way.
At least I managed to finish the socks.

Although the winter is over, I mended my very warm and cozy high socks from KnitPicks' pallete yarn. Love them. The mending does not look perfect but I hope it will last longer as I added two linen threads to wool.




Thursday, February 16, 2017

Christmas village

First finish in Mill Hill's Christmas Village series.
Christmas Bakery.
As usual, pictures before and after beading. What difference they make!

Start No 1 Finish No 5 in 2017 (1 Jan - 12 Feb 2017).

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tape weaving

After long time in the corner, my inkle loom was finally dusted. Trying to weave a small tape out of 32/2 cotton/linen blend and 2 strands of embroidery floss in purple. The length is just 9 mm.
The idea is to use it as labels for my handwovens but not sure whether this would work.


Thursday, February 2, 2017

Vixen

I guess, there are 8 reindeers charted by Nora Corbett. I kitted up four of those I like the best and started from Vixen.
It was both Start No 4 and Finish No 4 of 2017 (4 Jan - 1 Feb 2017).
All floss crosses are done.

Some bling added with Kreinik.

In full glory and with all treasures!