Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Cottonwood Leaf Towels

My one and only weaving project this year was Cottonwood Leaf Towels kit from CottonClouds.
Started warping on 23 February 2017, finished weaving 28 November 2017.
8/2 Cotton on 8 shafts gave me two real towels, one green and one yellow, as planned, and one frankentowel, all stripes from the remaining cottons.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017


Just for the record.
My long Kogin pillow journey has come to its end.
I have a nice pillow now.
And I already bought a dark blue Sashiko pillow kit for the next year to stitch.
They will look good together.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Craft Pod

One day when I felt really down, I saw CraftPod project on Instagram  I knew I needed those in my life. Lucky me, I managed to buy a subscription before they sold out.

So far I've finished s stitching project.
My mushroom by mushroom progress.

And done! I'll tidy it up later.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Big November Finishes

Autumn Quakers by Rosewood Manor.
Fabric - Zweigart 40ct Newcastle in Country Mocha.
Called for Valdani floss.
It was supposed to be stitched on 28 ct using 3 strands of the floss.
After several trials I came up with 1.5 over 2 idea. I was stitching with one strand but doing the second leg of the cross twice. Although this took me longer to stitch I loved the process and the result. Beautiful colours and beautiful design.
17 September - 10 November 2017. Stitching almost every day.

Fudgy Mint Mousse by Glendon Place.
Fabric - 32 ct Limestone evenweave by Zweigart using called for Dinky Dyes silks including the one specially dyed for this project (the variegated one).
No matter how hard I tried haven't managed to catch greenish colour of the fabric.
30 May - 23 November 2017 (35 stitching days).

Those two are the last big ones this year, there will be a couple of ornaments in December and a lot of plans for the next year.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017


It is all Araignee's fault. I could not resist anymore.
I did not dare to order Dear Jane kit, I ordered Stars in the Garden and... a Starter kit, just for fun.

While making my mind about the fabrics to use (the most difficult question for me), I started on the mini-charm pack.

I thought it will entertain me for a long time.
A couple of days later, and I only have 10 hexagons to finish.

What should I make out of them?... Maybe a table runner. Will six flowers be enough, I wonder.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

October in Stitches

This month was not rich on finishes but still...

1. Micheal Powell. Cottage with Orange Trees.
It was Stitch Maynia Start on 2 May 2017.
Actual stitching was from 30 September to 22 October 2017, evening stitching.
As usual before and after backstitch.

2. Prairie Schooler Folk Eggs. Egg No 6.
17 August -25 October 2017. This was a purse project.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017


Had some fun trying to learn needle-turn reverse applique.
Need to master working sharp corner but still like it.
I think I do some more squares and than decide what to do with them.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Winter is coming

Finally I've finished this one. Could not imagine that this little piece would take almost two years. 
Either rug hooking is not for me or I haven't found the right design yet. Will keep trying but... later. 
Vermont Winter kit. 5 January 2016 - 12 October 2017. 

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

September in Stitches

September had some colorful finishes.
1. Pear kit by Merejka.
25 August - 10 September 2017
This was such a beautiful design that I inserted it into the long list of my current WIPs.

2. Clockwork Beetle by Panna.
StitchMaynia start.
10 May - 15 September 2017 (8 days of stitching).
That was fun, I have another one (Clockwork Bird) for the future.

3. And a tiny finish, my bag project.
Permin of Copenhagen 14-1321.
3 February - 25 September 2017.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Vanilla Latte socks

Finally finished socks for my husband. It took me half a year, maybe more. The most important I got in time for autumn.  Who needs wool socks in summer, right?
The pattern is free from Ravelry.
It was nice and well-written but I won't knit them again. I guess I am all for symmetry.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

August in Stitches

More of my finishes in August.
One day I will finish all of my StitchMaynia starts, but at the moment...
Prairie Schooler Seasons. Summer.
24 May -24 August 2017 (7 days of stitching).

And Grand Finale.
My only project from 2016 is finally finished.
That was a lot of work but worth it!
Birds Perch on Wisteria by XiuCrafts.
28 June 2016 - 24 August 2017.

And some close-ups.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Filigree Bookmark

Decided to take my tatting experience to the next level.
My first attempt was just circles, this time I added chains.

The project is from the Inspirations magazine Issue 47.
I used DMC Perle Cotton 12 in color 642.
11 August - 4 September 2017.
The result is kind of wonky and small.
I think I will try to tat another one in brighter color and thicker thread.