One of my first attempts in cross-stitch. Back then (my guess, about 20 years ago) I knew nothing about DMC or Aida or linen or stitch-count... This was some design from a German Burda magazine stitched on what I could found - napkins set. I stitched 2 over 4 (result is 14 ct.) and everything was strategically placed. I am proud of myself :)
Need to wash and iron them. I may even use them as intended.
I cannot actually participate in TDF as I am not such a confident spinner and have not much to spin. But most of all, I have no TV channels to whatch Tour de France.
However, I can spin while everyone is TDFleecing.
For this I've picked my first hand carded locks. I bought 3 oz. of Rainbow fleece to accompany my first cards, separated locks by colour and carded them. I have some doubts that I did everything right but at least I did my best.
I tried to spin them picking up at random using what I think is long draw.
Not entirely happy. I was planning to make singles but it seems that I am spinning them too thin, again!