Friday, June 7, 2013

Bonbon towels. First year with Schacht Flip rigid heddle loom 7/9

My loom was unavailable for so long (cotton/linen towels took me more than 5 months to weave), that I managed to weave my next project in two days from warp to wash - 8-9 December 2012.
For four finger tips towels I used Lily's Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn.

Warp: 102 ends, 2 m alternating 2 white and 2 cream ends (did not have enough yarn of either colour). 8" reed.
Weft: Lily's Sugar'n Cream Stripes Blue and Lime
Finished size: 27 x 31 cm




9 December 2012
As I was very pleased both with the process and the result, I ordered more Sugar'n Cream cotton in different colours for a complete set of my bonbon towels. The second batch was woven in February 2013.


Complete set for the bathroom.


23 February 2013




5 comments:

  1. These are great! Nice work! I just bought a small loom and I wonder, how did you finish off the ends between the towels? Wouldn't they just unravel if there are no knots?

    I'll wait for your answer to start… I don't want to mess things up…

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hemstitch ends of the towels while they are still on the loom. Than i cut them apart leaving a short one inch fringe at both sides. They do not unravel, and after a couple of washes they fluff a bit and become very strong.
      Happy weaving! I am sure you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. These look great! Did you warp double ends or single?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola. Cuantos colores utilizas en cada toalla y como logras que los bordes queden parejos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White in the warp and Lily's Sugar'n cream multicoloured yarn in the weft, just one ball for every towel. Liana

      Delete