Wednesday, June 5, 2013

KitchenTowels. First year with Schacht Flip rigid heddle loom 6/9

Finally I did something I could be proud of:
Kitchen towels woven from Valley Yarns 8/2 Cotton/Linen. Free draft was available from WEBS and I followed it with slight modification in size. The fabric is cut crosswise into smaller towels.

It was my longest project on the loom (from 22 June to 4 December 2012), but not because it was very difficult, just busy times.

I took pictures only of the final stage of the project.

 

Five 49 x 30 cm towels and a shorter one (using up warp).
The best part is how they become softer after every wash.

Woven December 2012

3 comments:

  1. Looking for towel patterns to I can weave on my flip loom, your article says this draft came from Webs.The only rigid heddle drafts on Webs website are scarfs. Where an I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people.
    duvet set

    ReplyDelete